Math Talk Mini Bb Set
This 34-piece Math Talk mini bulletin board will help students in Gr.3 & up:
- Understand the meaning and importance of math talk
- Use appropriate questions and statements to facilitate structured, math-focused conversations
- Develop a deeper understanding of their own math knowledge and thinking
Set covers four Math Talk concepts:
Includes guide for developing math talk:
- Explain your strategy and solution to a partner
- Support and defend your strategy and solution
- Ask yourself questions as you solve a problem
- Ask your partner questions about the strategy/solution -use to solve the problem
Sample math talk questions and statements:
- Is there another way to solve the problem?
- How can I explain and justify my answer?
- Can you please explain how you know your solution is correct?
- This is the problem in my own words...
- My solution is reasonable because...
Mini bulletin board set also includes an instructional guide with display ideas, classroom activities, and related learning standards.